The Office for Film, Newspaper and Article Administration (OFNAA) are concerned to ensure that all personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. To this end, we undertakes to:
- collect adequate, but not excessive, personal data by lawful and fair means only for lawful purposes related to the functions or activities of OFNAA;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal data collected or retained are accurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are to be used;
- erase personal data which are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used;
- use the personal data collected only for purposes or directly related purposes for which the data were to be used at the time of collection, unless the individual concerned has given express consent for a change of use or such use is permitted by law;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data are protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that a person can be informed of the kinds of personal data that OFNAA holds and the purposes for which the data are to be used; and
- permit persons to access and correct personal data of which they are the data subjects and process any such access/correction requests in a manner permitted or required by law.
If you choose to make an application or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personal data, we may share necessary data with other government departments, so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will NOT share your personal data with non-government bodies, except where such bodies have been authorised to carry out specific government services.
This site may contain links to non-government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.